1. What characters in the book did you like best? Least? Did the characters in the book seem believable to you? Did they remind you of anyone?
2. Which character in the book would you most like to meet?
3. Who would you consider is “family” to Matt, and what problems or concerns arise because of this?
4. What were the reactions of the different townspeople when the body found in the riverbed was identified? Did anyone’s reaction surprise you? Did anyone become a possible suspect?
5. What was your reaction when the second body was found in the church sanctuary and who was on your list of suspects?
6. Jimmy Jr.’s gubernatorial race plays a major role in the book. Why?
7. How did you feel about the treatment of religion in this book? Too much? Too little? What in particular was your gut reaction to Pastor Hayden’s conversation with Jimmy Jr. on the campaign bus?
8. How do you feel about the relationship between Matt and Angie? Thumbs up or thumbs down and why?
9. Do you think Zach shot the preacher?
10. If you got the chance to ask Ms. Gresham one question, what would it be?
(Great! Now send it to me at email@example.com, and I’ll try to answer it for you!)
BOOK CLUB QUESTIONS