BOOK CLUB QUESTIONS
1. What characters in the book did you like best? Least? Did the characters in the book seem believable to you? Did they remind you of anyone?
2. Which character in the book would you most like to meet?
3. Was the premise behind Matt Hayden/Michael Hogan’s story believable for you? How did you feel about the pace of revealing Matt’s past life?
4. There were two main families in this book, each headed by a strong woman. What are the similarities and differences between Miss Olivia and Angie? How do their family structures differ and how are they the same?
5. Wilks is a fictional small town in Texas. Why did Ms. Gresham choose to create this as the main setting for the book?
6. How did you feel about the treatment of religion in this book? Too much? Too little? What in particular was your gut reaction to the way Pastor Hayden approached his congregation and his calling?
7. What do you think of the book’s title, The Preacher’s First Murder? What was your first impression of the title? How does it relate to the book’s contents?
8. Did the book’s pace seem too fast/too slow/just right?
9. What do you think the author’s purpose was in writing this book? What ideas was Ms. Gresham trying to get across in The Preacher’s First Murder?
10. If you got the chance to ask Ms. Gresham one question, what would it be?
(Great! Now send it to me at email@example.com, and I’ll try to answer it for you!)